Nichols, DeLisle & Lightholder has spent the last 20 years helping our clients fulfill their dreams of becoming parents. Not only are we experts in Reproductive Law, but we've gone through the process as intended parents ourselves.
Nichols, DeLisle & Lightholder, P.C. is a boutique law firm, specializing in all aspects of assisted third-party reproductive law. We are a group of dedicated attorneys who believe nothing is more important than family. It is our goal to make the legal part of your assisted third-party reproductive journey as straight-forward and stress-free as possible. Our vast experience, both personally and professionally, allows us to understand not only the process, but also to empathize with our clients and the roads they’ve traveled before reaching us. Our goal is to treat each client like our only client.
We are proud to work with all types of families without regard to gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, race, etc. We are happy to provide a free consultation to discuss your reproductive legal needs.
What We've Achieved
- Attorneys licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire & Maine
- Primary sponsors of first-in-its-kind legislation in Massachusetts to help protect families created through third-party reproduction
- Filed amicus brief on behalf of the Boston Fertility Society and GLAAD in Culliton v. Beth Israel that established pre-birth order process in Massachusetts
- Obtained first pre-birth order in Massachusetts for same-sex male couple resulting in first child born in Massachusetts with 2 fathers on the original birth certificate
- Member of American Bar Association, Adoption and Assisted Reproductive Technology Section
- Fellow of Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys
- Member of the Legislative Committee - American Academy of Adoption Attorneys
- Contributing authors to 2017 Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education book “Adoption and Reproductive Technology Law in Massachusetts”
- Member of the Legal Professional Group of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Asked to speak regularly at conferences by many different organizations including, but not limited to, Resolve of New England, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, American Bar Association, the Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys and State of New Hampshire Vital Records Bi-Annual Birth Committee Meeting